May 10, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Ok, so I know it's a day late for this post but it's because I'm now a mother myself and had no time whatsoever yesterday to post! I do want to take a moment and honor all of our mothers out there today, starting with my very own.



Mom, thank you. Thank you for putting the needs of me and Jennifer before yours, for loving us no matter what, for coming to ALL of my sporting events growing up, for being proud of me for the smallest of achievements, for listening, for all the long talks over coffee in the mornings, for all of your hard work in your marriage to show me that divorce isn't the answer, for showing me how to be a great mom, and for coming to the hospital to witness as I became a mom myself. The list can go on and on and on. To sum it all up though, thank you for every single moment. I love you.


I hope I can raise my son as well my mom raised me. It's truly amazing becoming a mother and I'm convinced that motherhood is the hardest job anyone can have. Everyday I find myself loving Caleb more than the day before. It's unbelievable how fast he's growing up! I love to hear him coo and "talk" to me. It absolutely makes my day. My favorite sound he makes now is sort of a cross between a soft cry and a yawn. So sweet :) He was able to produce his first real "run down the cheek" tear. It broke my heart! I'm looking forward to his first laugh though.


There are some other mothers in my life that need to be honored today as well. I want to say thank you to my mother-in-law. Patsy, you truly are an amazing woman who raised a wonderful man (well, three actually). You do so much for me and my family and I'm so happy to have married into such a wonderful family. To my two sister-in-laws, you are also amazing. One is a seasoned pro mother and one is about to enter motherhood in July. Amanda and Katie, you are both wonderful mothers and two of my closest friends. To my grandmothers and Jason's grandmothers, those that are still with us and to those that have passed, we love you. To my friends Kelly, Debra, and Nicole here in Knoxville. You are people I admire so much. And last but not least, two of my closest friends, Morgan and Jessica. You also are wonderful mothers and I miss you both very much.









On a different note, I want to mention that yesterday was also my PaPa's birthday. Happy Birthday Papa! Love you!





R

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Rachel! That really means a lot to me coming from you. I feel so blessed that I have been able to share this past 2 years with your family... good & bad. Its amazing to see how far you both have come in such a short time & very inspiring. You have so many wonderful days ahead & Im looking forward to sharing them with you as your sister in Christ, as your friend. Love you!

    ReplyDelete