May 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Nana!


Today is my mom's birthday. Me and mom have a lot in common, our birthdays are right next to a holiday. Mom's is always around (if not on) Mother's Day and mine is four days after Christmas. So, sometimes I think it seems that our birthdays get forgotten about by most. Not today! I'm going to take full advantage of having a blog and make today all about my mom's birthday.


On May 8th, 1959 (sorry for telling your age Mom), my best friend was born. A best friend is someone who puts your needs above theirs, loves you unconditionally, cherishes each moment with you, rejoices when you rejoice, and has a heart that breaks when yours is broken. I couldn't have asked God for a better friend, a better mother (that's tomorrow's discussion).


Even though it's my mom's birthday, she's actually driving all the way to Knoxville to see me (well, let's be honest....Caleb) today instead of the other way around. It's really difficult for me to even imagine packing up all the crap I need to travel right now, so I really appreciate her and Dad driving to me. My sis is also here. Aunt Jenny drove in last night and is currently holding a sleeping Caleb.



Mom, I truly hope you have a wonderful birthday. You have a surprise waiting on you when you arrive tonight :) I love you Nana.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment