May 14, 2010

Four Generations

On Mother's Day, we took Caleb to visit Mammaw Norris for the first time. Mammaw is turning 97 years old next month and this is her tenth great-grandchild. It would have taken anyone else several minutes to calculate how many grandchildren or great-grandchildren Mammaw had, but she can tell you the second you ask. There's one thing you need to know about Mammaw. She might be old, but she's still as sharp as a tack. She remembers every birthday, anniversary, date, and name. I can only hope to be like her when and if I'm ever her age. She truly is a wonderful and godly woman. It seems like every time I visit with Mammaw, she makes me cry. She always says the sweetest things! She always calls me her granddaughter, even though I married into the family. I love her so very much and I'm honored to be a part of her family.







R

1 comment:

  1. I love Mammaw. She is very precious. We enjoyed thge visit also. Great pictures too.

    ReplyDelete