September 26, 2010

Half a Year


My sweet little boy turned six months old today. Amazing how fast time goes by! I think Caleb is changing every day. I'd like to share with you some things I've noticed over the past month (and before you go and think how great my memory is, I no longer possess such a thing. It's called a pen and notebook.). First of all, Caleb is ticklish. We find new spots every so often and it changes daily it seems. We've got him to laugh by tickling his belly, under the upper part of his legs, his chest, neck, and underarms. I l-o-v-e to hear him giggle!


He loves to play with my hair (and pull it out sometimes). Jason's not such a fan of Caleb pulling out chest, leg, or arm hair. He's learning how to sit up unassisted and loves for you to hold his hands so he can stand on your lap. He also loves to play with his feet. He sucks and chews on his toes all the time. I know...gross. Caleb now has two teeth and I suspect it won't be long until we have a few more. He's really starting to babble more and make lots of different noises with his mouth. He tries new foods every few days and so far he really hates bananas and watermelon. What's wrong with him!?!


On the 22nd of this month, Caleb said, "mamamamamama." I know he probably had no idea what he was saying, but I'll take it! It was so cute! As he falls asleep or wakes up, he scratches his fingernails on the bed sheet or your shirt or whatever he's laying on. It's kind of funny to listen to it over the baby monitor. He'll usually go to bed at 8:00 pm and get up somewhere around 6:30 - 7:00 am. I'll update you on height and weight after his doctor's appointment on Tuesday!



Overall, the biggest change in Caleb is his personality. He loves to play, swing, spin, laugh, watch cartoons in the morning, and hear me sing (believe it or not). I still can't believe how blessed I truly am. I thank God that He allows us to share with Him the ability to create. Having a child has changed my life in so many ways, but more than anything it has opened my eyes to how big, true, wonderful and awesome my God is.


R

2 comments:

  1. Happy 6 month old Birthday my sweet baby Caleb! Oh how I love you my sweet little boy.You are so cute and handsome. You are truly a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss him so much! I can't believe he hates the bananas??!!

    ReplyDelete