September 28, 2010

Check Out the Check-up

Caleb had his six-month doctor visit today, and he's a healthy, happy, growing boy! He weighed less than I thought he would (my back says so). He weighed in at 16 lbs. 11.8 oz. He was 25 in. long and his head circumference was 44.3 cm (30, 10, 75th percentile respectively). So basically, I have a short kid with a big head. Sounds about right.

The doctor complimented him on how happy he was (before shots), how developed he was in his motor skills and leg strength, how beautiful his eyes and eyelashes were, and how expressionable (I'm making this a word) he was. I wouldn't think too much of any of these things, but it seems that no matter who we see, everyone (even strangers) tell us the same things.

After his shots today, Caleb was asleep before I could even get him to the car and slept for several hours afterward on my chest. I love hunkering with this little boy and hearing him breathe. So far, no fever, but we'll see.....

I don't have any pictures to share of today, but I'll attach some fun ones that we've taken over the past month just for kicks. While were on the subject of pictures, Caleb is getting his six-month pictures done on Saturday with the ever so talented Sarah McAffry , so stay tuned for some of those to be posted. I can't tell you how excited I am for this session! I have some fun outfits picked out for Caleb and a special purchase was made just for these pictures. Until then....Happy Fall Yall!


R

No comments:

Post a Comment