June 6, 2010

Great Grand PaPa


On what would have been my Granny's 70th birthday, my PaPa got to visit and hold his great grandson for the first time. My dad is his only son, so Jennifer and I are his only grandchildren. I can't say Jennifer and I minded that so much. PaPa and Granny spoiled us rotten growing up!

My Granny passed away from breast cancer in 2004. It doesn't seem that long ago. I was really close with my Granny. She was a wonderful woman who loved God and her family so much. I know she would have loved to hold and see Caleb. The Word of God tells us that we will be given the desires of our hearts in heaven, so I know if that's the case, Granny has already seen Caleb. I can't help but think of my Granny when I look at Caleb. Everyone says he has my little turned up nose and everyone says I have my Granny's turned up nose. She lives on through us.

PaPa was so cute with Caleb. I'm so happy he was able to drive down and spend the night with us last night. He found out real quick that Caleb likes to constantly be moving around. He does not care to sit still while he's awake. I guess I should look forward to the toddler years, huh? Caleb did all his tricks for Pa though. He smiled and cooed, pooted and burped; everything that being 10 weeks old can bring. Enjoy the pictures of these two together! The first picture is the first moment he saw Caleb. I dressed Caleb in a little onesie that said "Grandpa's Silly Monkey."

R

No comments:

Post a Comment