March 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Caleb



How is it possible
that today you turn two?
Wasn't it just yesterday
that I was holding you all brand new?

It was in that moment
that I thanked the gracious God above
I finally understood what He meant
by unconditional love

The joy you bring me
I really can't explain
Adults have hurts and fears in their life
but having a child seems to erase that pain

I realized the day you were born
how selfish of a person I had let myself become
Now all of my attention has turned to you
and I happily let those selfish desires go numb

Because you see, my sweet Caleb
one day I hope you'll understand
When you have children of your own
things won't always go as planned

There are bumps and hurdles
in the road we call life
This world will try to deceive you
and get you caught up in all the hate and all the strife

So my prayer for you
each and every night
Is to know how much I love you
and to always keep God in your sight

Because I know I'm going to mess up
I know I'm never going to reach perfection
But please forgive me in those moments
I do everything for your protection

Every day I tell you
that you have ten fingers, ten toes,
Two eyes, two ears,
and a cute little nose

But I forgot to tell you
the most important part
That from the very first moment you were born
you had my entire heart


Happy 2nd Birthday Sweet Boy

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. Rachel....I couldn't get your name to come up on FB so I somehow stumbled across your blog! LOVE IT! You put what I think in such great words! :-) So if you ever see and update this blog again....then know I got your Christmas card and think it's wonderful!! Your baby girl is precious!!! Congrats and Merry Christmas!!! Tami Ford.

    ReplyDelete