August 19, 2011

Milestone Birthdays!

This year we had two milestone birthdays in our family. Our little Caleb turned 1 and Jason turned 30! I think we had two very awesome parties for each of my boys.



For Jason's yummy cake, each tier represented a decade of his life. The smallest tier has pictures of events from years 0-9, the second tier from 10-19, and the third tier was years 20-29. I feel fortunate to have known Jason for his entire last ten years. In fact, tomorrow, August 20th, marks the day we met 10 years ago in Quantitative Analysis Chemistry Class at MTSU.



A lot has stayed the same, but a lot has also changed since then! Including getting married and having the cutest little boy ever!



This is the image I used for Caleb's birthday party invitations. We had an "UNO" themed party for his first birthday. It was a lot of fun!



Before the party got started, I had to take our traditional set of pictures with Caleb holding how old he is. Sometimes I still can't believe he's already 1!



Although Caleb never dug into his cake like we would have liked for him to, he made up for it by digging into his toys later after his nap! We still appreciate everyone who came out to show love to our boy. We had a great time and we can't wait for year 2!



It took us a while to open them all......



In the end, our sweet boy was just as happy sitting in the floor playing with his balloons. I love him so much. Sometimes I think my heart is just going to burst. I love my life as a wife and mommy!

R

No comments:

Post a Comment