January 8, 2011

9 Months


I really am shocked that I'm already doing this post! Is my little boy already over 9 months old? I'm starting to plan his first birthday party already and it's a little bittersweet! There's still so many things that remind me of first bringing Caleb home and things that will never get old and things I will miss all too soon.


I love cuddling with him before putting him down for a nap. There's just something about that sweet breath and the smell of spit and sweat mixed with the scent of baby shampoo and lotion that makes me close my eyes and thank God that He gave me the ability to create something so beautiful. I know I'm going to wake up one day and Caleb isn't going to want to cuddle with me anymore. He won't want to play patty cake or peek-a-boo. He won't think it's funny for mommy to make silly faces or enjoy our baths where I get in the tub with him also and play.


Those days are going by so quick. But I can truly say that I cherish each moment and as I pray over my son each night before he goes to bed, I ask God for Caleb to do wonderful things in His name, just like the Biblical servant he's named after. There will be no greater joy than to watch my son come to know Christ in his own timing.


I hope that Jason and I can grow with him and model what it means to love God and love your neighbor as yourself. Stay tuned for pictures of Caleb's dedication at our church that will happen on January 16th. Anyone is welcome to come. Until then, enjoy some of Caleb's 9 month pictures by the talented Sarah McAffry!


He stood up all by himself for the first time! Good thing Sarah was there!








I still need to blog about Caleb's first Christmas (well he had 3, so be patient with me!). We had a great time though, opening gifts and being with family. Caleb was a real trooper for all of the traveling and chaos. I hope all of you had a Merry Christmas as well and a Happy New Year!

R

No comments:

Post a Comment